Dayton Progress Corporation, a worldwide industry leader in the production of catalog and special punches, punch blanks and metal-stamping tools, has a long-standing track record of premiere customer service, market-leading quality and rapid delivery while positioning itself for further growth. While providing innovations and techniques that improve the performance and productivity of stamping operations in customer plants, Dayton Progress wanted to take its progress a step forward and become the easiest company to do business with.
This goal had four objectives:
1. Ease of maintenance
3. The ability to interact with customers over the internet
4. Improved internal operations due to increased flexibility of the software product
So what was holding Dayton Progress Back?
The 30-year-old custom, order-processing software was the culprit. It was outdated and could not effectively work in the desired time frame with highly complex orders. Dayton Progress turned to Cincom to replace its aging order-processing system with one that would accept a high volume of order-line items per day from around the world—with most being engineer-to-order (ETO).
Using Cincom Acquire™, Dayton Progress was able to achieve:
• A 50% time reduction in time-standards programming
• The ability to capture data from 30 years of intellectual capital and system data
• A 60% reduction in order-to-shop processing time
These benefits gave Dayton Progress the ability to get one step closer to its ultimate goal of becoming the easiest company to do business with.